MetaAccess allows IT/Security administrators to define different security level for different groups. Administrators have flexibility in terms of customizing security policies for different audiences to ensure that groups with different needs or risk scores have different levels of access rights
How do I create a new policy?
1. Log into the MetaAccess console
2. Navigate to the Policies in the left navigation
3. Click on the CREATE NEW POLICY button
4. Fill in the Policy Name and Description (optional) in Step 1
5. Click on the Actions to define actions you would like the client performs on devices
Threat Detection: protect your devices from risky removable media and schedule a malware scan on devices. Learn more
6. Click on the Security Requirements to define how to consider an issue and severity of each issue on devices for Vulnerabilities, Compliance, Unwanted Applications, Malware Detection. You can also select the device types (Desktops, laptops, Virtual Machines, and Servers) these policies are applied to as well as by Operating System type (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS)
7. Click on the Compliance to define rules for device status based on device issues and other conditions.
You can edit existing device status rules
OR Add/Remove device status rules. Note that you cannot delete the default rule. It's a fallback rule in case a device doesn't meet any rules you define.
8. Hit CREATE button to create the policy.
MetaAccess processes rules by order. If a device meets a rule (must to meet all conditions defined in that rule), it will get device status in that rule.
For example: a policy has 4 rules below:
Case 1: my device reported with no issues and has not checked in 25 hours.
Device status: the device is considered as non-compliant with Rule #1
Case 2: my device reported with no issue 5 minutes ago
Device status: the device is considered as compliant with Rule #2
How do I update a policy?
Log into MetaAccess console
Navigate to Policies
Go to policy details of a policy you want to update
Navigate to sections you would like to update.
Click on SAVE button at the button and confirm your PIN to save changes
How do I apply a policy to a group?
Log into the MetaAccess console
Navigate to Groups
Go to the group that you want to assign a new policy and select a new policy to assign to the group
5. Confirm your change with your PIN. Note that MetaAccess will re-assess device status for devices in the group with the new policy, except changes for Threat Detection.
This article was last updated on 2020-03-07.